okay bloggers, today i'm wondering what the hell is wrong with the people today. Is there something so wrong with having manners, being polite and indulging the in-laws?? I mean people have only been doing it since THE BEGINNING OF TIME. If we start turning our noses up at the seemingly insignificant formalities and traditions of human kind what the fuck is our future going to hold? The written letter has already all but died...what happens if people decide that marriage is just too ridiculous a tradition to uphold? Or having manners at a restaurant? Or being polite in the face of a mildly rude acquaintance? When in the midst of a particular moment, things of this nature don't seem very important and they probably don't even cross the minds of most people. But strangely there are people out there, who are much to old too be getting by on naivety, who regularly disregard the basics of etiquette. (wow i can't believe i just spelled that right on the first try, lol)
I just don't get people sometimes. How can someone solicit generosity while simultaneously being discriminatory? I'm sure there are a few instances where this is acceptable but when it comes to traditional behaviors that are meant to be festive or celebratory it just doesn't seem fair. I guess the thing that bugs me the most about this topic is that I feel guilty when I indulge my acknowledgement of it. I feel like a gossip when I need to vent about an individual that I come across who behaves this way. I feel like taking the 'high road' is a form of punishment if it means that I have to repress the feelings I have about people who act shitty to others. Or maybe it's the conclusion jumping that is really the problem and not the disinterest in tradition. No patience, perhaps...
If someone doesn't give you the response that you're looking for in your self imposed amount of time, should you follow up with them or immediately assume some kind of wrong doing? Obviously, you should assume that the "neglectful" party is out slandering you across town. For christ's sake, it's like dealing with children!
No comments:
Post a Comment