Wednesday, September 11, 2013

new perspective

It's been a while. Although i refuse to dump a complete update to my life from the last few months, I will say that I birthed the most adorable baby girl a number of weeks back. Our house is now very loud a lot of the time and I haven't slept up next to my husband since she was born, but things are good.

Coming back to work after a month off wasn't difficult but dealing with my coworkers, and more specifically my bosses, was a big challenge. I kind of can't believe that I worked with such frustrating people without even noticing. Or I guess I noticed but now I find it difficult to tolerate their stupidity and inefficiency.

Also different is...everything! I know what it's like to have a baby  in the house but I had a prebaby life this time around whereas before I was so new to adult hood the adjustment was much easier. It's not being super tired and sleep deprived that's affecting me, it's that I can no longer go out with my man on a Friday/Saturday night unless I use my precious milk supply and even then it's a super short evening and I spent most of the time fretting (in my mind of course.) Also bothersome is my impatience. Not with the baby, she's pretty easy but with everything else. Between the 4+ reminders to my daughter to get ready for bed and my husband wanting to test his ability to sooth the screaming 2 month old..it's all I can do to not just shout sometimes. I'd like to be my old self again, just with an adorable chubby baby around. It's patience I need...and an exercise routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment