Sunday, February 19, 2012
not what you seem
I have to write down this thought I've been having about people and how my speak when they post on Facebook. It has recently come to my attention that there are a few people I'm friends with who speak completely differently in real life than they do in their Facebook posts. First of all, they post about 10 times more than they speak in real life. And secondly, the words they use I've never heard uttered from their mouths in person. I guess Facebook allows you to reinvent yourself for the 'friends' that you choose (to communicate with). Like the cyber self they've created in the world of posts will end up defining who they are in person. Maybe they don't even care about being that kind of person they just want to convey a certain type of persona to the online community. Maybe I'm too transparent for facebook.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment